770-389-4864 MAIN | 770-389-5193 FAX
Law School: Faulkner University, Jones School of Law, JD, 2014
Undergraduate: Kennesaw State University, BA in Political Science 2012
After winning a National Mock Trial Competition in law school and being admitted to the State Bar of Georgia, Miranda joined Smith, Welch, Webb & White, LLC in 2015 and hit the ground running, trying several successful cases during her first year of practice, including jury trials. Since then, Miranda has built a successful litigation practice specializing in the areas of civil litigation, personal injury, wrongful death, auto accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, premises liability, slip and falls, illness and injuries resulting from exposure to toxic mold, and workers’ compensation. While she loves litigation and trial, Miranda loves helping her clients even more.
Miranda graduated, a semester early, from Faulkner University’s Jones School of Law in December of 2014 with various award and honors, including: National Champion, Florida State University National Mock Trial Tournament, March 2014; Dean’s List; and CALI Award for Best Paper in Advanced Criminal Procedure, Family Law, Remedies, and Family Law. While in College at Kennesaw State University, Miranda served as the Social Chair for Gamma Phi Beta International Sorority, cheered on the Spirit Cheerleading Squad, and competed on the mock trial team.
Miranda is married to Noah Hanley, a civil engineer with Nyloplast in Buford, Georgia. The couple lives in Tucker, Georgia with their son, Lincoln. They also have two dogs, a shih-tzu named Gizmo and a mutt named Zibi, which Miranda rescued from a major highway as a puppy after narrowly missing her. Miranda spends every spare moment with her family and pups, but she also enjoys boating, cooking, and wine tasting.
- Extensive trial experience, including multiple jury trials.
- Successfully handled matters in the following counties:
- Henry, Clayton, DeKalb, Fulton, Cobb, Spalding, Fayette, Gwinnett, Stephens, Habersham, Houston, etc.
- Experience litigating in the Federal District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Georgia and appellate work before the Georgia Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Appellate experience in the Court of Appeals, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Henry County Bar Association, Officer 2018
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (GTLA)
- Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Divisions
- National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA)
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019-2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020-2020
- Jury Verdicts
- $130,000 in car accident case where highest offer was $15,500
- $80,000 in car accident case where highest offer was $16,500
- Settlements – Personal Injury
- $1,100,000 in a rear-end collision requiring spinal surgery
- Settlements – Workers’ Compensation
- $250,000 for catastrophic traumatic brain injury
- $170,000 for injury requiring full shoulder replacement
- $65,000 for permanent injuries to wrist and elbow
- Settlements – Consumer Law
- $85,000 for failure to timely finalize a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure